SugarHouse Mama

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Berkeley the Bowling King

Rus and Berkeley are in town (Rus, for work, Berkeley, to spend time with his Grandma and Grandpa). Rus called us Tuesday, wanting to get together. We decided on pizza and bowling Wednesday night. I used entertaining Berkeley as an excuse, but really, I love to see Robert in bowling shoes and shorts - my favorite style!

We met up around 6ish and the semi-competitive bowling game began (I have to say semi because Robert would never allow me to tell you that he was taking it seriously and only beat Berkeley by 5 pins!)

That's right, folks. An almost-6-year-old beat the pants off my score and nearly tied with Robert for 1st place during round 1. Robert won with 114 and Berkeley, boy-wonder of bowling, bowled a 109! Rus and me??? Ummm, too pathetic to mention. Although Rus warmed up and won the second game (I LOST!!!)

While it was a little humiliating, it was really fun, and it was great to see Rus and Berkeley. We will have to plan an excursion to Seattle soon! We sure miss spending time with family.

1 comment:

grinNberrett said...

Berkeley is a bowling machine. I'm surprise that he didn't bowl his usual 203. :)