SugarHouse Mama

Friday, September 12, 2008

Getting to Know You

We spent the first night together as a family (unofficial by law, but who cares, right?)


Sarah was not a happy camper in the morning and we couldn't figure out why. She was turning down EVERYTHING we offered. We figured she was just missing the people she knows.

Kingsley was late picking us up, so we were just waiting outside the guest house, doing our best to comfort and appease Sarah.

Finally, at a total loss, I set her down and was going to head back to the room to look for something that might distract her.

She stood there, crying for a couple seconds and then suddenly stopped. I turned back around and she was peeing. The lady who runs the guest house came out to take her and wash her while I went to get a change of clothes.

A little while later, Sarah was happy as a clam and the lady said Sarah needed to pee but didn't know how to tell me...because she had already figured out that I don't understand anything she says, she knew she couldn't tell me. We laughed for a long time about that one.

There I was walking around, bouncing her, and she had to pee the whole time! Poor thing.

Lois and I were very surprised that she didn't just go off somewhere and take care of business herself, since that's what she's used to doing. Oh well. In the video tour of the guest house in my previous post, Robert says it took us a while to figure out how to read her - I'm pretty sure this is the incident he was talking about.

Here are some pictures of me walking around bouncing her...lol. It still makes me laugh!

No comments: