SugarHouse Mama

Monday, March 16, 2009

Are You a Liar?

Another quick funny. {I'm trying to be better at sharing my little stories, because I keep getting comments from people who are disappointed in my blogging lately. If you are one of them, please take note of my renewed efforts!}

Adjoa comes scampering in, returning from the bathroom

A: Ma! I flush!
Me: Yeah! Good girl! Did you wash?
A: Yes.
Me: Really? {I didn't hear the water running so I'm thinking that's a big negative}
Adjoa nods ever so certainly.
Me: Are you a liar?
A: I go and wash!

And she runs off to the bathroom.

That's the phrasing they use in Ghana - 'you are a liar' - if someone if not being truthful. No hedging or beating around the bush. Call it like it is. It seems to work perfectly with 2-year-olds!

Here's precious picture of my little liar. :)

2 comments:

Calmil2 said...

I can not get enough of your stories :) She is so cute and hilarious!!!! Harmony

Anonymous said...

Reminds me so much of morning devotional and Kingsley asking the kids if they prayed before devotional. Some things they are taught do stick.