SugarHouse Mama

Sunday, April 4, 2010

March - In like a Lion and out like a Peregrine Falcon

Which according to internet research {conducted because I had some doubts about Cheetah speed}, is the world's fastest animal {when diving it reaches 200 mph, if we are talking strict flight, the Swift can speed along at 106 mph}.

So, to get you all caught up on my month of March here are just a few things that happened:
  • My grandma {aka Gam} passed away. It was difficult for Adjoa. Gam was in a care center up north for a few years {she was losing her eyesight} and Adjoa and I would go visit her occasionally. Adjoa loved drawing pictures in Gam's visitor book. My parents flew in from Hawaii and we all {with the exception of Robert because he is afraid of dead bodies and turns pale and passes out} drove up to Idaho for the funeral.
  • It was nice to see everyone, though. The entire family was able to gather and spend some time with each other. Adjoa had a blast with Uncle Cody, Auntie Ashley, Auntie Chambra and Nick.
  • Promptly after all our visitors left and life was meant to return to normal, I got sick. It lasted about a week and a half. It was the kind-of-sore-throat-wake-up-and-you-have-no-voice sickness that morphed into a sinus infection and lung complication thingie which required breathing treatments. My doctor is formulating a hypothesis that I have a form of asthma that rears it's ugly head when I get sick or when my seasonal allergies come on. Pretty much every time I get sick, it moves down into my lungs and I have to go in for an asthmatic breathing treatment. She gave me a prescription for an inhaler. Nice. I didn't fill it because I felt better after the treatment and started recovering, but a few weeks later, I still have a cough and my chest feels like it's closing in on me and I think it would be nice to have a little inhaler handy.
  • During this time, Robert and Adjoa also got sick. We were a hot mess. Literally. We all had fevers and I don't think I got out of my PJs for a couple days.
  • As I started feeling better, I had an I'm-an-old-woman moment. I slipped in the shower. I was afraid to grab the shower curtain and pull the rod out of the wall, so instead I decided the wisest move would be to allow my behind and shoulder to absorb the fall. I couldn't sit. I couldn't walk. I couldn't lay down. So sad. I'm actually thinking of buying those sticky rubber stickers. Robert wants to install a hand rail for me.
  • My mom showed up at the airport again. I temporarily forgot that I was co-hosting a baby shower for Cody and Ashley. Fevers and falling will do that to a person. We had another convergence of family over an extended weekend. We had a great time - lots of late nights, eating out, and running all over 2 counties. It was *such a joy* toting a 3-year old along. Considering the circumstances, Adjoa was terrific. She had a melt down on the last night, however, when she thought she needed a toy at Target. {Sorry Aunt Cathy!}
  • At 3 am the morning my mom was flying out, I got the flu. Nasty business. It put me out of commission again.
  • The next day our computer went kaput. In a big way. It wouldn't even turn on. After phone calls and late night visits from local computer gurus, Robert was able to get it up and running. We were forced into buying a new hard drive and installing everything all over again. Most of our files are on an external hard drive, but there are some things that are locked up in a hard drive that the computer can't see. Hopefully we can still access those files.
  • Oh. And I'm a new mother of 6! I'll post some cute pictures soon.... just as soon as Robert has the computer fully restored and I can upload them. You are all going to be soooo excited! I just know it!

2 comments:

PLANET HANSEN said...

I am looking forward to seeing pics of your 6 new babies... :)
Good to see you back on your blog. You have been a busy, busy lady! Hang in there!!!

Just the 2 of Us! said...

Wow, last time I saw your whole family it was 15 years ago. It seems like a lifetime ago. You'll have to tell them all hello when you talk to them next. Love the little baby chicks.