SugarHouse Mama

Thursday, December 2, 2010

I Lost My Mommy

Every night I tuck Adjoa into bed, then go about my evening business: folding laundry, doing dishes, checking email, you know.  After I get ready for bed, I usually peek in and tuck her in again and kiss her goodnight.

So the other night I was tucking her in and kissing her goodnight and she sits stright up in bed.  She looks around and says "Mommy! Mommy!"

Me:  I'm right here, Adjoa.
Adjoa: Where's my mommy?
Me:  I'm right here, sweetheart.

Adjoa lifts up her pillow, looks under it, and says, "Oh no!  I lost my mommy!"

At this point I realize she's still totally asleep, even though she's sitting up, moving around, and talking.  She lays back down and I tuck her in, laughing to myself because if I were lost, I'm sure I'd be hidden under Adjoa's pillow.

No comments: