SugarHouse Mama

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Update - Bandages Needed!

Hey everyone. First of all, thanks to everyone who has helped little William. The generosity people have for each other never ceases to amaze me.

I got an email from our Nurse-Mom who is going to Ghana to care for William. Here's the update on what is still needed. Again, if we all pull together we can make sure this boy doesn't lose his legs (due to infection) and that he will be able to walk. I know it's super-cheesy for me to even say this, but we can be the family he doesn't have.

If you'd like to order supplies and have them shipped directly to Becky, leave me a comment or email me and I'll send you her address.

Here's the update from Becky:

Hi all,

I've had emails pouring in about toys, tube socks and medicine for William. Lois had someone email and offer a huge supply of protein powder for free, that they already had. Praise God! We just need to figure out how to get it there, since it is a white powder. And, well, large amounts of white powder probably look a little suspicious in my checked luggage. Any suggestions?

My main concern now is the actual wound supplies. I know people have been donating money. That is SO great! We'll use anything we get to buy the cases of supplies we need. Lois should be calling me to update me about how much money we have.

Please encourage more donations! If people are uncomfortable donating money, please tell them to order the Kerlix and Telfa pads that Jessica has linked on her blog, some can be purchased for as little as $1.00. They can send them directly to my house. I can't even begin to explain how many bandages he is going to need for me to really make some progress with those wounds. Any extra money that is donated will be put toward buying him extra food to fatten him up! I'm SO overwhelmed by the outpouring of support. God is moving people to help his little boy that is on the other side of the globe. That is a true miracle.

No comments: