SugarHouse Mama

Monday, April 13, 2009

A Desperate Plea for a Desperate Child

I don't have much to say. I'm speechless, actually. I just received the following email from Kingsley - he runs the orphanage Adjoa came from:

Hello,

This is the photos of William, He was burnt some few weeks ago, and his condition is very critical, he can not walk or place feets on the ground. I have sent him to the hospital but still there's no improvement.

Kingsley.



His name is William. He has a younger sister, Pacience, who lives at Luckyhill. He was running and playing, and ran into a field where grass had been burning. Obviously, the fire was still smouldering.

They ran out of pain medication, and can only afford to change the bandages every 3 days. If you can spare anything, please click here and donate to Luckyhill through paypal so this child can receive proper medical care. He's about 9 years old.

4 comments:

Calmil2 said...

Oh my goodness! Poor guy! We just donated. Please let us know how he's doing.
Harmony

MommyBrec said...

This just breaks my heat. I just want to go make him all better. Poor little guy. Please keep us posted about how he is doing.
Breclyn

Lois said...

I've cried buckets for this sweet little orphan for days now. I knew it was bad, but getting the pictures today was devestating.

Thanks to any one who can help, and thank you Jessica for being the girl who gets things done that you are!

Anonymous said...

Oh that's horrible. I just made a donation myself.