SugarHouse Mama

Thursday, February 18, 2010

I Missed My Birthday

But that's what happens when your birthday is on Sunday, I think.

That and I was in a mood where I can't really think of anything I want. Ridiculous, I know. But true.

Actually, I think it just took too much time to think about what I might want and so I just didn't. {As you can tell from my recent lack of blogging I haven't exactly had a lot of time since somewhere around November}

Robert and Adjoa sent me flowers for my Birthitine. I let it slide, even though I am adamant that Birthday and Valentine's Day should be separate when dealing with presents. They are still prettily sitting in the middle of the kitchen table where I can whiz by them every day and smile.

On a slightly divergent vein, I have kept the cards from all the flowers Robert has ever sent me. It's one of the only romantically corny and sentimental things I do. Oh, actually that's a lie. The very first one I don't have. I'm certain it's around here somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it for a long time. I guess it's possible that I threw it away during a short break-up that occurred while we were dating because someone was impatient and someone else wasn't communicating his - uh - or her intentions very well. Plus it was long distance and there's only so much patience for that, right?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I still do have it. Somewhere. But even if I don't, I remember what it said because it was the first.

So. Back to my birthday. No body showed up to clean my sink, but Robert did take Adjoa for the day on Saturday. They left me alone in the house and it was heavenly. I stayed in my P.J.s all day. Never mind the fact that I still worked - it was just quiet and I didn't allow myself to care that my hair was a mess and my sleep-wrinkled P.J.s remained on my body. {I was eventually forced to get myself all gussied up when we went out to dinner that night, but in hind sight, I shouldn't have. I must remember that for next time).

By the time my actual Birthitine day rolled around, we all forgot it was the 14th.

So anyway. Happy Birthitine to Me!

4 comments:

tralina said...

Oh, that is sad. I'm sorry we missed it too--we were out of town. Hey, I know. Let's celebrate--wanna play games?

the H family said...

Well, Happy Belated Birthday! My Father and Grandmother also have Valentine's birthdays. I do love your PJs-all-day idea. I'll have to save that for mine next month.

Brendan and Mary said...

Happy belated Birthday! PJs all day sounds amazing!

PLANET HANSEN said...

Happy Belated Birthday Jessica!